Sunday, August 7, 2011

Incoming Eldar Air Transport!

Incoming! It's another jet plane! This one however is far bigger than those other ones I painted up a month ago. This guy is meant to carry in the troops and drop them off into battle, as well as blow shit up on the way in. He was pretty cool, and fairly easy to assemble. There wasn't really anything complicated about this guy, which made him a relaxing vehicle to paint.

I'm not sure what else to really say, as there weren't any real challenges with this guy. The only thing I feel "bleh" about is the patterns on the vehicle. They don't look convincing, or good. I'm a little saddened by this as I did a better job on the eldar wraith lord with similar patterns, and this guy should have fallen in line with that guy. Oh well. I have another one, with a different tail wing set up and gun wrack, I'll give it another try with that one. That said, this guy doesn't look bad at all.

Painting wise, he wasn't all that inspiring to do after having done the Nightwings earlier. The only real difficult decision I had to make, was exactly how to paint the underside of the fuselage. To a degree, I'm not happy with it, but I also don't feel there was any other way to do it other than leaving the underside a solid color. With out a really good reason to do that, I just went along with the same patch work pattern all around the bottom, and painted some yellow here and there where I felt it was appropriate.

I gave consideration to painting the entire underside yellow, like the Nightwings, but when I thought that would look funny making the gun mounts yellow as well as the guns, that's when I decided to keep the blue pattern. So, now you know WHY I chose what I did.

So, nothing to special to go on and on about. Just some sexy pictures, so, enjoy! Meanwhile, I have some Tau drones that need some paint. First however, off to get some bubble tea and mingle with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment