Saturday, June 30, 2012

I begin again





And so I begin again. Funny how there seems to always be a few months of the year where I'm just like "No, tired, don't want to paint any more tiny little men. GO AWAY!" Well... That time is over. I've begun again. I decided to start this time with four more Kroot, because they're easy to get into and not as scary to paint up. This is the result. I'm quite happy with them, despite a few blemishes I was too tired and done to fix up. They're pretty awesome though, and just in time for the new rule books coming in.



There isn't anything truly special about these guys that I tried to do different. I quite literally was just trying to recreate the awesomeness that was the last set of Kroot. I think I painted them well enough so they don't stand out from the other guys, which is a good thing. That was kind of one worry I had with this "four at a time" method I was going to start using.

But, as you can see I hope, they're pretty good. I was even able to explore more coloration for the bags. They're more reddish now, and in my opinion, a lot more leathery for that. Also, the bones! Yup, I've worked on it a little more and I think I'm finally becoming more comfortable with the things. I still don't really remember what I did elsewhere, but these are good. If I want to improve them, I think they need a dry brush of pure white really, and then they'll be good.

The last thing to really talk about is photography. So since the last time I was doing this, I'd just received an awesome light box from my mom. I still have that, and obviously I'm using it. I explored the use of my on board flash, and while it kinda helped, it wasn't that awesome. Now, I have a real flash. I don't think these guys came out all that well in the end with the camera, but I'm still trying. I tried making the flash a "Slave" but found that the onboard flash was still lighting up things WAY to much. I need to find a way to shield it, perhaps, but then things appeared to dark. I also discovered moving the lighting around the box did help a lot. My biggest issue though, is that the undersides of these guys are a little too dark. I guess that's how it's suppose to be though.

Anyhow, that's it really. I'll be working on more as time goes on now that my game has launched and I have more time to do this stuff... aside from the other cosplay stuff I do. Still have a project there to complete as well! To much to do! I'll post what I can, when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment