Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another week, nothing to show.

I was afraid of this.  Week has passed and there's nothing to show for it.  Granted, did I post something to show last week?  I think I must have, it was the DM-Asian.  Well, here's the story behind this week.  Though I've have nothing to show for it, I've been working busily on producing the next deathmatch map in Unreal Tournament.  So it hasn't been without any effort at all.  Just keep in touch and I'll be showing some screenshots of that level at least fairly shortly.  They'll be small screenshots, as the level is rather unfinished!  But screenshots none the less.

 Truthfully there are two DM maps I was working on, though I think the "Garage" one that I've called DM-Tech is going to be forgotten.  I have no love for it anymore.  It was a fun idea but one that didn't really do what it was intended to do in the test on Thursday.  I have new ideas from the gathered information those players gave me about the level, which will require an entire redo to be honest.  So, until then, that level is toast!

This new one however, uses mostly the same assets but is entirely foot based.  I may stick with foot based levels for a bit until I get up to CTF at least.  Even then, I may stay with foot slogging, as I feel vehicles are grosely over powered.  I'm sure, used right, they're not.  I have several ideas in mind to make vehicles useful and yet limit them as well.  Anyway, the current map I'm working with has a new feature!  I've introduced an acid pit!  Wooo amazing right?  No, not really, but it's fun none the less!  Also, if I can get my way and learn how to make moving objects, I'll have some pistons and moving pieces in the map that will do some funky stuff!  Anywho, pictures next week, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment