Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Busy Week.

This week has been busy in other ways, and not in the good ways.  There's been little time for me to do what it is I want to do too.  Anyhow, this weekend, artistic endeavors slowly got back on track.  Due to the work issues, I've been slightly terrified and just kicked myself in the rear to get some training in Unreal Ed.  So, with that said, some of my artistic showing off may end up in the form of levels that I design.

To do this, I may need some help and tips on how to show it off on my blog spot.  Currently I'm considering buying up FRAPS and using that to show off my stuff through YouTube.  I want to present it this way as it's honestly how it should be shown off.  Maybe I can show a few pictures, but I don't know where to post pictures for free that can be used on blog spot.  There is the option of switching to Wordpress, which I may still do.  I'll figure something out.

What's your opinion though?  You Tube video's?  Or Screenshots?  I personally think the You Tube videos will show it off better.

My goals for these levels currently is to make some fun and engaging death match maps as well as Capture the Flag.  I may also look into working on some Domination maps if I really feel like it, however, I want to push myself into designing really fun solo/coop experiences for Gears of War.  I'm not really a fan of the weapon selection in Gears of War, I think it's quite crap actually.  However, I'm extremely interested in some of the impressive and cool encounters and events one might be able to create using there game.  So, that's the game plan for the most part.  If you're a friend of mine who has UT3 or Gears of War, expect to hear from me and receive levels of mine to play through and critique!  Remember, critique the gameplay, not the environments!!!  My job is the fun, though I'll try my best to make the pretty too.

The other project in the works now is an Eldar Wraithlord for a coworker of mine that I've worked with for quite a while.  I'm really sad to see him go, and thought this was one of the better ways for me to say goodbye!  Just hope he stays around long enough for me to finish it.  Shouldn't take long.  Likely done by Thursday or Friday!  Currently it's been a really fun process of asking him what he'd like to see on it and the color schemes to go with it.  I'll be going with blue armor, white bits, and probably orange/red gem stones encased all over it.  I've currently done most of the white, and HOLY COW is that bright!  Maybe too bright.  I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes in the end though.  There's a few tough bits I'm unsure off.  Hanging cloth with symbols and runes on them.  They'll be tough to paint, and decal.

Anyhow, until next week!  Sorry for the lack of pictures this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment