Tuesday, December 15, 2009

5 Assault Marines later.


So it's taken me a while, but I've gotten them done!  Yay!  It's taken me nearly a week to do this, but I must admit there were quite a few distractions.  All in all, I'd say this job took me 2 days of work total maybe.  It was just spread out over a week and a half's time.  Ah well!


So, interesting tidbit to know.  The sergeant was built with magnets.  He's rather awesome actually.  His right arm can be equipped with power sword, power fist, or a chain sword.  The left hand I actually cut off at the wrist and made it so you could attach his bolt pistol, plasma pistol, or even a combat shield in that hand!  Clever eh?  A lot of work?  Heck no!  I've found magnets to be inredibly easy to work with now, they're almost second nature now and I'm always thinking about how I can implement the next model with magnets to make them more useful.  Nothing against you, Games Workshop, but I'm going to do my damnedest to make sure you don't steal ALL my money!  After all, your models are expensive!  That and I don't want to paint a WHOLE NEW MARINE just so he has... a bolt pistol... instead of plasma... and well... You get the point.  Magnets are just better!

I had a question asked to me, by a dear fan in Canada.  [You know who you are! =) ]  She was quite curious how small these little buggers were.  So, here's a shot that might help show that!

Ya?  Small enough for ya?  Ya that's right!  Tiny eh?  Eh eh eh? [That's to be prounced in the Canadian "eh."] I'd say they're about an inch tall if you asked me.  Maybe a bit taller than that.


Anyhow, I'm happy they're done, but as always I think I could do better.  I need to get a little more control of my hand while doing these.  They're are too many jaggies and that may just be the Macro Lense on my camera doing that.  Or well, bringing out those flaws.  They look a lot better in my hand here.  I did go back over each model and tried to do a little extra highlighting.  I think that turned out well.  You can't see it on the hands, but you can see it in the eyes for sure.  I added lighter lines just beneath the eyes to help bring out that surface a bit more, and I made the lines lighter green at corners and various edges.  I tried to pay good mind to it, you tell me how it turned out.

Terminators are next, that or the Heavy Weapons team.  I can't decide.  I know which I want to do first, but I know which I "should" do first in order to reward myself properly.  Sigh, heavy weapons team it is then I suppose.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment