Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Genestealers, and Clashing Armadas

I've had these done for a while, but I never got around to taking pictures of them.  I'll be honest, they were a bit of a rushed job.  I didn't find them all that entertaining to paint at all.  They're quite dull.  I slapped on the shades needed to get the skin done right and that's about it.  The actual carapace wasn't at all interesting, but there's where one can see clearly that I failed a bit.  You see, I totally didn't high light the edges!  Ah well.

This is it for the Tyranids for now though.  I'm not going to do anymore of them for a while now.  Probably not until I get my butt over the Canada to be honest.

I thought I'd take a few more shots while I had the camera at the office.  Here, you see the army!  This isn't the entire thing either, there's more marines hiding in a black box nearby.  More infantry at least.  I have to say, I giggle a bit.  It's awesome to have a job where you can have things like this laying out across your desk.  Woo!




Jet pack marines are coming.  I've got 5 of them set up now, and I'm quite proud of the way I set up the magnets on the sergeant.  I'll be able to equip his left hand with a pistol, plasma pistol, or shield... while his right arm can be exchanged for a power fist, power sword, or chain sword!  Kind of exciting, well done, and I think it looks nice!

Just gotta paint it!



No comments:

Post a Comment